Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid (LMW-HA) found in Bionect is a substance naturally found in the skin and other parts of the body. One of LMW-HA's crucial functions is to attract and hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This allows for the transport of proteins, oxygen, nutrients and waste through the skin as well as helping to maintain an intact dermal matrix structure. Recent investigations have also shown that in addition to the water binding role HA plays, it also plays a central role in the inflammation and tissue repair process.(2)
Bionect may be used without restriction of age, application site, or duration of treatment.
Do not administer to patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in this product. Each tube of Bionect should be used by one person only to reduce the risk of cross infection.
1. Chen WYJ, Abatangelo G. Functions of Hyaluronan in Wound Repair. Wound Rep Reg. 1999; 7:79-89.
2. Weindl, G., Schaller, M., Schaefer-Korting, M., Korting, H. C.“Hyaluronic acid in the treatment and prevention of skin diseases: molecular, biological, pharmaceutical and clinical aspects”. Skin Pharmacol and Physiol; 2004;17:207-213.
3. Brown, T., Alcorn, D., Fraser, J.R., Absorption of Hyaluronan Applied to the Surface of Intact Skin. The Society of Investigative Dermatology vol.113:740-746, 1999.
4. Greco, R., Iocono, J., Ehrlich, P., Hyaluronic acid stimulates human fibroblast proliferation with a collagen matrix. Journal of Cellular Physiology 177:45-473, 1998.
5. Altmeyer, P. Sonographic Investigation of the Efficacy of Hyaluronic acid in Actinic Elastosis, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany, 1991.